The i-PITCH design is directed to serve the latest wind energy market demands as well as the ones anticipated to emerge and develop in the future. Naturally, as a Windurance engineered product, the new i-PITCH is modular and easily adapted to any utility grade wind turbine that is 2.5 MW or larger.
i-PITCH is a family of interconnected and interoperable, processor and network based, closed loop servo power conversion controls, motors, and auxiliary power technologies that are specifically designed for the full span blade pitch application in multi-megawatt wind turbines. These technologies are housed in compact modules that are easy to identify, install and replace. i-PITCH provides a computing, sensory, and high dynamic performance blade pitch control platform to enable the most advanced turbine control techniques and algorithms to be executed at the pitch system level.
The most significant feature/benefit from the new i-PITCH system is availability. This system was engineered to respond to the most significant of issues and harsh conditions that affect utility grade wind turbines.
- Proven high MTBF
- Fault tolerance to extreme AC mains supply transients, differential short circuit and ground fault short circuits on all input and output power and control signals, as well as IEC 62305 Protection Against Lightning
- Fast and easy servicing requiring few tools and little time
- On-board, sophisticated diagnostic software and built-in indicator lights help troubleshoot issues/problems
- +10 year maintenance interval
- Permanent Magnet Brushless Servo Motors and Closed Loop Servo Controls provide higher speed and torque
- Smooth EFC Velocity Profile for reduced turbine stress
- -40 to +40 operating temperature
- Up to 20-year maintenance-free design life